Designing Future Innovative Learning Spaces (DESIGN FILS)
João Filipe Matos
Within the scope of the project Design FILS, samples of good practices on innovative learning environments implemented in different countries of the European Union will be examined, and training programs in three topics (ICT, pedagogy and space design) will be designed as “design and skill labs” in Turkey, with the input of partners of the consortium.
An online training platform for teachers will also be designed to support a scenario-based learning in a multidisciplinary way, aiming to reach a wider target audience, at local (Turkey) and European level: using this platform, and following face-to-face training, 11 teachers will deliver online trainings to 55 other European teachers. Those trainers will deliver scenario-based learning on innovative learning spaces to teachers at Pan-European level, reaching minimum 1,750 teachers.
Main objectives of Design FILS are:
- To meet the need for the workforce under the titles of “Science, Technology and Innovation” in an economical way which is also stated in turkey 10th Development Plan and being designed 11th Development Plan;
- To support the acquisition of 21st century skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking, productivity, teamwork and digital skills in innovative learning environments designed correspondent with the objective of ‘transformation of knowledge into skill’ in 2023 Education Vision;
- To support the implementation of the scenarios in flexible learning areas by strengthening teachers’ skills in developing interdisciplinary learning scenarios with the contribution of project partners;
- To support the dissemination of good examples and practices in flexible learning areas within the framework of the European Union;
- To design learning environments in accordance with the requirements of the age by using innovative implementations in the digital field and to study on improving both academic achievement and creative thinking skills of students by developing their learning capacity with innovative learning scenarios in these learning environments.
01/09/2019 – 31/08/2022
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for school education
Project number: 2019-1-TR01-KA 201-076567